It’s hard to believe that in just two short weeks the kiddos will be heading back to school again! In fact, for some of you school is already in session. I’m having a harder time with it than usual this year. My little Hailey Bailey is heading off to Pre-K! Sure, she went to a private nursery school two mornings a week last year but this is different!
Pre-K is officially part of the NYS curiculum, five days a week, AND it’s at the elementary school. You know, the REAL big kid school?!?! To top it off our oldest is starting seventh grade which is only a hop, skip, and a jump from high school. Excuse me while I go sob in a corner……
Okay, I feel better now. As I was saying, with all of the excitement of the new school year it can take a few weeks for us to find our routine again. I don’t know about y’all but I am just not one of those moms who jumps right up in the morning with a smile on my face ready to tackle the day.
This is where Balance Bar mini energy bars come in handy!
The folks at Balance Bar kindly sent me a free Back to School survival kit for review including Balance Bar mini energy bars. I was able to sample flavors like Cookie Dough and Double Chocolate Brownie, YUM!!! With just 100 calories and 7g of protein they give you just the boost you need to get you through the back to school rush. Plus, they are the perfect snack to pack in the kiddos’ lunchboxes!
Also included was an Itzy Ritzy Snack Happened reusable snack bag!
These eco-friendly snack bags are FDA-approved and BPA-free which is a huge plus in my book! They are the perfect size to fill with crackers, fruit, sandwiches, the snack options are endless! Even better, they’re machine washable so cleaning and reusing is easy!
Balance Bar in partnership with the Macaroni Kid parent network surveyed more then 5,000 families of school-aged children and found that 61% of parents thought the Fall (aka Back to School) is the busiest time of the year for their families.
To help parents, Macaroni Kid provided some tips on how to prepare for a school day and balance everyone’s schedules:
- Do a run through. Are your kids starting a new school or a new routine? Do a run through. Wake up “schhol time,” brush teeth, get dressed, pack lunch, have a school appropriate breakfast, and maybe even drive or walk to school. Then, take those packed lunches and head to the park for a final summer break picnic
- Plan the menus. Give your kids several options in each category and let them weigh in on what they’d like to find in the lunchboxes…you won’t have to gues each morning and they are far more likely to eat if they’ve had a hand in selecting it. (Don’t forget the Balance Bar mini energy bars for a snack!)
- Clean your closets! Nothing gets you and the kids ready for smooth mornings like purge, well-organized closets.
- Start a good sleep routine early. Kids love to stay up late in the summer time (and who can blame them) but it make for tougher mornings if kids are used to going to bed late and sleeping in past “school time” wake up.
- Set goals with your children for the upcoming school year. Whether its academics, sports, or extracurricular activities its’ great to help kids get motivated for success in the new school year.
Interested in hearing more on how to balance your schedule come this Fall? Join Balance Bar Tuesday, August 20 at 2:00 PM EST/11 AM PST for a live, one hour Twitter party!
Want your own chance to energize your Back to School routine with Balance Bar? Here is your chance! Balance Bar has graciously offered to to sponsor a giveaway for my loyal readers! One lucky winner will receive a prize pack filled with Balance Bar mini energy bars, coupons, and an Itzy Ritzy reusable snack bag! Simply fill out the rafflecopter below for your chance to win!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
**I received free product from Balance Bar in order to provide an honest review. No monetary compensation was received. Regardless, all opinions are 100% mine.**