I’m a fairly patient person, laid back, easy going. You know, kind of like Mary Poppins. Practically perfect in every way! I am able to let a lot of things go. But there are a handful of peeves that will cause me to lose my marbles. I’m also slightly passive aggressive so if you, oh I don’t know, live in and/or visit my home and you think an item on this list applies to you. It. Probably. Does.
Here are 7 pet peeves that are guaranteed to make mommy stabby!
- Knock down the folded laundry causing me to refold it ~ My husband once told me that my own personal Hell will include re-folding folded laundry for all eternity. I will admit, it’s partly my own fault. The laundry folding is typically done on the living room couch and I don’t always put it away immediately. However, if you see a stack of towels resting on the back of the couch PLEASE do not sit down right in front of them and flail so they fall on the floor. Thanks!
- Put an empty box of cereal back in the cupboard ~ There is nothing more disappointing than getting all pumped up for a giant bowl of Cocoa Krispies only to pull out an empty box. UGH, if you finish it, throw it away for crying out loud!
- Use the dish washing sponge for ANYTHING other than washing dishes ~ The older I get the more of a germaphobe I have become. Now, I’m not saying that I don’t have a small case of OCD but, the members of my family are well aware of this. So, please tell me why they would even fathom using the dish sponge to wipe a spill off of the FLOOR???? Use a paper towel for crying out loud. IT’S. JUST. GROSS.
- Leave the dining room chairs pulled out when you get up ~ Is it really so difficult to just push your chair back in when you leave the table? Unless we have suddenly developed a Poltergeist I do not want to see the chairs 2 feet away from the table ever!
- Recap for me in great detail the same story that I just told you I’ve heard already ~ Why are you going to bother to ask me if I’ve heard the latest about “blah, blah, blah” when you are just going to tell me about it again regardless. If I have heard the story, I really don’t need you to go into it again with lots and lots of details. The toddlers have got a lock on repetition in this house. I’m all set.
- Ask me twenty questions as soon as I open my eyes or as I’m walking out the door ~ Some folks are morning people. I am not. When I first wake up I don’t want to have to think, speak, or decide a darn thing until I’ve had my coffee. Keep it to yourself. Also, the moment when my hand is on the doorknob ready to head out is not the prime moment to tell me about the show you saw last night. You are making me late. Please stop. I will be more than happy to chat later!
- Drop your dirty clothes on the floor….next to the laundry hamper ~ It’s one thing if the hamper is already over-flowing but when it is completely empty there is NO REASON for anyone to not put the clothes in it. Not on top of the lid. Not on the floor. In the hamper, please.
Having shared my biggest peeves I will just say that I know I do super annoying things too! Really, I do! Hell, I even annoy the crap out of myself sometimes. If I do things that make you stabby, I’m sorry. But, if you are guilty of any of these peeves please know that I still love you in spite of them.
What are your biggest pet peeves?